Berkeley County Lawyers Seek Compensation for Victims of Medical Malpractice
Martinsburg firm takes on negligent West Virginia healthcare providers
Substandard care that occurs during medical diagnosis and treatment puts patients at serious risk. Healthcare errors might lead to physical harm, financial problems and even death. At the Ferretti Law Office PLLC in Martinsburg, we’ve been standing up for West Virginia patients and their families for more than 25 years. In medical malpractice litigation relating to surgical errors, birth injuries, faulty outpatient care and other types of problems, our accomplished litigators are committed to securing appropriate reimbursement for the harm that was done.
Experienced litigators work to hold faulty doctors and hospitals accountable
From start to finish, our Eastern Panhandle lawyers deliver sound, personalized advice to clients on potential medical malpractice lawsuits, including information regarding:
- Potential harm — One instance of medical malpractice could trigger harmful effects for many years to come. In cases of fatal negligence, we bring wrongful death actions for the personal representative of the victim’s estate. If the patient survives, we seek legal relief to address consequences such as physical injuries, illnesses, permanent disfigurement, amputation and other types of harm.
- Proving your claim — Proving that a physician or some other medical professional violated professional standards requires expert testimony from a qualified doctor. We rely on trusted witnesses who can make a clear, compelling case regarding the problems that occurred.
- Damages and caps — Victims are entitled to appropriate economic damages, including payment for medical bills, lost income and rehabilitation expenses, when a healthcare provider is found to have committed medical malpractice. In West Virginia, noneconomic damages covering harm such as pain and suffering are capped in most of these cases at $250,000. However, in extreme situations, damages can go up to $500,000.
A West Virginia medical malpractice claim must be filed within two years of the injury date. Our firm gives victims and their families a free initial consultation so there’s no reason to delay.
Skilled attorneys handle claims involving surgical errors and birth injuries
In the Eastern Panhandle and other West Virginia locations, we handle a full range of medical malpractice claims, including ones that arise from:
- Diagnosis errors — Physicians who misdiagnose conditions or fail to diagnose illnesses can put patients’ lives at risk. We will work to hold them accountable when their diagnostic errors harm our clients.
- Birth injuries — Problems that occur during childbirth can have lifelong consequences for victims and their families. Our firm litigates all types of cases involving prenatal and obstetric malpractice, including cerebral palsy and brachial plexus claims.
- Surgical mistakes — During an operation, you might not be sure that an error occurred, but if you suspect that your problems stem from a surgical mistake, we’ll bring in experts to investigate what happened.
- Prescription problems — Dangerous drug interactions, inappropriate dosages and incorrect prescriptions create a serious risk to patients. In these cases, we take on negligent doctors and pharmaceutical manufacturers.
- Faulty outpatient practices — Hospitals and other healthcare institutions look to reduce costs by handling as many procedures as possible on an outpatient basis. If someone was released from the hospital too quickly or did not receive proper outpatient care, our firm can initiate legal action.
We understand how difficult and confusing it can be to challenge your doctor or hospital. At every stage of your case, we’ll provide the comprehensive legal support that you deserve.
Contact a West Virginia medical malpractice lawyer to schedule a free consultation
Ferretti Law Office PLLC advocates for West Virginians who have been victimized by all types of medical malpractice. Our Eastern Panhandle firm assists clients in Berkeley, Jefferson and Morgan counties as well as the surrounding area. To make an appointment for a free consultation, please call 304-596-8854 or contact us online. Our office is located Martinsburg.